Toyota Motor Corporation is a multinational automaker headquartered in Toyota, Aichi, Japan. The company was founded by Kiichiro Toyoda in 1937.
Interesting facts about Toyota
- Today there are more than 1,400 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships in the United States.
- In 2010, the Toyota ranked first in units produced globally, with 8.6 million units.
- In 2010, Toyota employed 317,734 people worldwide.
- In 2010 Toyota was the world’s largest automobile manufacturer by production.
- Toyota annual sales jumped by more than 500,000 to 8.5 million vehicles in the 2007.
- Toyota received its first Japanese Quality Control Award at the start of the 1980s.
- In the 1990s, Toyota began to branch out from producing mostly compact cars by adding many larger and more luxurious vehicles to its production.
There are a wide variety of Toyota models available. Models include everything from family cars to fast 2 seater sports cars.